DAWN OF A NEW ERA
The Vice-Chancellor, Prof Charles Igwe, in his bid to maintain the standard of excellence in the University of Nigeria has appointed Prof Ike Ifelunni as the fifth Director of the University Advancement Centre.
Prof Ike Ifelunni is a Professor of Counselling Education at the University of Nigeria Nsukka since 2003. He was the Head of the Department of Educational Foundations (2010-2012) and Dean of the Faculty of Education (2012-2014). He was also the founding Director, Quality Assurance Unit of the Vice- Chancellor’s Office, University of Nigeria (2015-2016).
He obtained his professional training at the University of Nigeria, receiving a Bachelor of Education Degree in 1988 with a First Class Honours and emerging as the best graduating student in the Department and Faculty, Master of Education in 1989 and a PhD in 1993.
Prof. Ifelunni is a member of several professional bodies. He has published over 77 research papers in scholarly journals and has presented over 40 papers in scientific conferences. With over 8 research grants (both nationally and internationally), in his kitty, Prof Ifelunni seems set for the job of raising fund for the University.
He assumed office on the 23rd of September, 2019. He can be contacted through email@example.com and+234-806-377-5616.
THINK TANK COMMITTEE
The vice-chancellor, Prof Charles Igwe has approved the constitution of the University Advancement Centre committee. The committee is called the ‘Think Tank’ committee. It was set up primarily to generate funds for the University.
The director of the centre, Prof Ike Ifelunni who also serves as the chairman of the committee said that the purpose of the ‘think tank’ committee is to streamlined the activities of the institution into generating funds for the University.
However, the think tank committee comprises of
- Ike Ifelunni-Director University Advancement Centre
- Nnayelugo, Okoro -Dept. of Mass Communication
Communication and Marketing Specialist
- Dr Nnaemeka Chukwuone -Dept. of Agricultural Economics
Research and Innovative Specialist
- Mr Paul C. Oranu- Director, ICT
- Mr Laz Ekeke- University ICT
Information Strategy and Technology Specialists
- Chima Nwaguma – Dept. of Biochemistry & Chairman, Senate Ceremonial Committee
Strategic Programme and Business Intelligence Specialist
- Edwin Omeje – Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science & Dean, Students’ Affairs Dept.
Students’ Engagement and Equity Specialist
- Stephen Ndili – Bursary Dept.
Financial Management Specialist
- Dr (Mrs) Ada Nwodo- Head, Alumni Relations office.
Representative of the Alumni Relations Office
- Dr Chika Jidera – Department of Soil Science
Project Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
- Mrs Okafor Gloria – University Advancement Centre Staff
- Mrs Osonuga Omosalewa – University Advancement Centre Staff